Attached a copy of the lobby pack that supports the Queen’s speech. Here are some…
- Updated Advice For UK Visa Applicants and Temporary UK Residents
The Home Office has updated it’s guidance for people intending to stay in the UK. Normally they would be required to return to their home country to make an application but, because of coronavirus, they can now submit an application form from within the UK. They will still need to meet the requirements of the route you’re applying for and pay the UK application fee.
If they are switching into work or study routes, they may be able to commence work or study whilst their application is under consideration, depending on the terms of their current permission. They are also able to apply for leave to remain to regularise their stay if they have been issued with ‘exceptional assurance’ provided that they submit their application before the expiry of their ‘exceptional assurance’.
- Updated List of Jobs that Quality for Travel Restriction Exemptions
The Government has removed eight job categories that were exemption from the travel restriction rules. Of relevance to the tourism industry is the removal of:
- business directors bringing jobs and investment to the UK
- journalists (this will impact fam trips)
- performing arts professionals
- television and film production (for places that are being used as sets)
- ornamental horticulture workers (for stately homes and outdoor attractions)
- Regional CBIL and Bounce Back Support
The Government has produced regional figures for number and value of CBIL and Bounce Back loans on a regional basis.