Chancellor's Autumn Statement 2023 Headlines and hot takes The Chancellor has just sat down from delivering his Autumn Statement. The following are some key headlines from his statement relevant to our sector. Growth forecasts significantly down. The OBR forecasts 0.7% growth in…
In this update “Government insiders” confirm school group passport reform coming soon Travel Weekly: Industry lobbying of government has improved, says minister ICYMI – King's Speech review Govt response to Future of seaside towns report EU EES committee inquiry…
In this update ETA applications now live Northern Ireland ETA issue still exists The EU side – EES and ETIAS update, ETOA webinar recording, and presentation PTR analysis and briefing next week APPG meeting on short-term let registration TA Youth…
The UK-US data bridge comes into play The government has approved the UK-US data bridge and it will come into force today, the 12th October 2023. The data bridge is an extension to the EU-US Data Privacy Framework (DPF) and…
In this update…29th June 2023
School group travel survey 2023 results
- Between 2019 and 2022 the number of school children the business surveyed brought to the UK from the EU declined by 81%.
- Over the same period the figure for school children going to the EU declined by only 53%, likely as a result of issues around Covid.
- Recovery from these figures is starkly different between the EU and UK.
- The surveyed businesses expect to recover their school group trips to the EU to 108% of 2019 figures in 2023.
- In contrast, the businesses expect to recover their UK school trips to only 61% of 2019 figures this year.
In this update…
- Tax-free shopping – request for info
- Package Travel Regulations consultation – coming ‘shortly’
- House of Commons library research paper on short-term lets
- Strong recovery of the events market recorded
- YHA Trustee recruitment
Visit Northumberland – Head of Marketing and Partnership job vacancy
In this update…25th May 2023
- Short-term lets registration & planning consultations end soon
- Westminster Hall debate on holiday lets and planning
- Tourism Alliance AGM on 7th June – register now
- BTA review underway
- Tourism Education and Skills group – first meeting