Firstly – Happy New Year to everyone. I hope you managed to get into a…
You will have seen on the new last night that a new “variant of Interest” has been found in Southern Africa which is causing considerable concern due to its high level of mutation.
As a result of this discovery, the Government has announced the following measures:
- South Africa, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Namibia and Zimbabwe will move onto the red list at midday today (26 November).
- There will be a ban on all direct commercial and private flights from these countries from midday Friday 26 November to 4am Sunday 28 November.
- Anyone who has visited these counties and arrives in England between midday on Friday 26 November and 4am Sunday 28 November must:
- follow special guidance on how to complete the passenger locator form
- quarantine at home or at alternative appropriate accommodation
- take PCR tests during quarantine
- Anyone who has visited these countries and arrives in England after 4am Sunday 28 November must:
- quarantine in a managed hotel.
- take 2 COVID-19 tests, before arriving in England.