Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines will return to Dover this month, offering a selection of late…
Meet Santa in the Museum and help fix his sleigh!
New interactive and festive family activities
at London Transport Museum this Christmas
4 December 2021 to 2 January 2022
- Track down Santa and his Elf for a super Santa selfie, 4-23 Dec
- NEW interactive sleigh – help Santa fix it up in time for Christmas
- Festive trail with weekly prize draw – spot the silver roundels for a chance to win
- Cosy up for stories and enjoy snowy scenes in Santa’s Hideaway and garden
- Step into a life-sized version of a beautiful vintage Christmas poster
- Something for adults – After Dark late events on 3 and 17 December
- Festive gifts – including new Christmas jumper design featuring iconic London buses and Tube trains
London Transport Museum will be kicking off its winter festivities from 4 December, with a full stocking’s worth of family fun on offer, including a brand new interactive sleigh, the chance to meet Santa and his Elf in a magical winter garden, plus a festive trail around the Museum galleries with weekly prizes up for grabs.
From 4 December
Families can visit a winter garden filled with twinkling lights to meet Santa with his special Elf assistant and get a free Christmas badge, then get cosy in Santa’s Hideaway to watch a video story about an utterly awesome Underground journey Santa makes with the ‘Tf-Elves’. Santa and his Elf will be at the Museum from 4-23 Dec, 11:00-15:00 daily.
Visitors will be among the first to try out a brand new 3D interactive sleigh. Santa’s Sleigh needs fixing up before it’s ready to deliver presents. Little engineers will have fun checking all systems are go and making last minute repairs in time for Christmas – climb aboard and help Santa out!
There’s more family fun to be had exploring the Museum galleries on the Winter Roundel Trail, hunting for silver Underground roundels nestled among the historic vehicles and answering fun transport trivia questions. Children who find all the roundels and answers can enter a weekly prize draw to win a Mini London Underground Lightbox from the Museum shop.
Visitors can also see a display of vintage posters celebrating winter in the Capital, then step into a life-sized version of one to get a picture-perfect wintery Instagram snap.
To keep warm during the winter months, the whole family can layer up in a new and exclusive festive jumper plus matching accessories, only available from the Museum’s Covent Garden shop and website. All the Museum’s festive knitwear is made in the UK from ecoyarn, a sustainable material made from 60% regenerated cotton and 40% recycled polyester.
Those looking to up their gifting game can choose from beautiful vintage London transport posters, lambswool scarfs and children’s toys including wooden trainsets and ride-on Routemaster bus. And for a super stocking filler, the new ‘Ultimate Moquette Socks in Box’ collection – bringing 12 classic transport textile patterned socks together – is a no brainer.
Online there’s an even wider selection of gifts on offer. Shoppers can also enjoy 10% off their first order and every purchase supports the Museum’s charitable work. Visit https://www.ltmuseumshop.co.uk/
Something for the adults…After Dark at the Museum
Tis’ the season to be jolly! Ditch the works do for one of the Museum’s themed After Dark events this December. Visitors can peruse the Museum free from crowds after hours and catch up with friends with a drink from the pop-up bar. Dates for the diary:
- Games night
Friday 3 December 2021, 18:30-21:00
Bring your friends or come along to make some new ones at a cosy winter night of fun and board games, plus a scavenger hunt.
- Merry Quizmas
Friday 17 December 2021, 18:30-21:00
Embrace your inner child with festive craft in the Museum’s seasonal Winter Wonderland, stock up on treats in the Museum shop and take part in our end of year Grand Transport Quiz hosted by none other than Father Christmas himself.
Tickets to all After Dark events cost £12 (Concession £10), find out more and and book at ltmuseum.co.uk/whats-on/after-dark. 18:30-21:00. Over 18s only.
Visitors to London Transport Museum can also…
- Enjoy a last chance to visit the Untangling the Tracks exhibition before it closes on 2 January 2022. Trace the history of the Thameslink route from 1836 to its recent £7bn modernisation programme which has transformed the route, then test your reaction in an interactive game inspired by real technology used on Thameslink trains
- Explore the award-winning Hidden London exhibition in the Global Gallery to uncover the mysteries of the Capital’s ‘abandoned’ Underground stations
- Discover how London’s transport has played its part in two world wars in the Museum’s newly transformed London’s Transport at War Gallery
- Climb aboard an interactive fleet of mini vehicles in the All Aboard play zone designed for children under seven, while older children will love discovering the way transport works in the Future Engineers gallery
Tickets to London Transport Museum
- Adult tickets cost £18.50 and include unlimited day-time entry to the Museum for a whole year – kids go free!
- Local residents of Westminster, Holborn, Bloomsbury, Kings Cross, Waterloo, Vauxhall, Borough, Bermondsey and Elephant and Castle can purchase a discounted adult ticket which offers £5 off daytime adult admission.
- Museum open daily from 10:00 to 18:00
- Book in advance online at www.ltmuseum.co.uk