Attached a copy of the lobby pack that supports the Queen’s speech. Here are some…
- Self-Isolation Period Reduced From 14 to 10 Days
The Chief Health Officers of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have published a joint statement that, having reviewed the evidence, the number of days that people need to self-isolate if they have come into contact with Coronavirus has been reduced from 14 days to 10 days from 00:01am on Monday 14 December in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland (this is already in effect in Wales). This reduction in the length of self-isolation also applies to people returning to the UK from countries that are not on the Air Corridors list – so that quarantine period will be 10 days or 5 days for those using the Test to Release option which starts on 15th December.
People who test positive should continue to self-isolate for 10 days from onset of symptoms or 10 days from point of taking a positive test if asymptomatic.
- Xmas Support Payment for Wet-Led Pubs
The Government has published the eligibility criteria for the Wet0Led Pub Xmas Support Payment.
Businesses may be eligible if they:
- are based in England
- derive less than 50% of your sales from food
- are in an area subject to Tier 2 or Tier 3 local restrictions since 2 December 2020
- were established in the pub before 1 December 2020
You cannot get funding if your business:
- has exceeded the permitted state aid threshold
- is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register
- Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme Update
The Government has updated the guidance on the £500 Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme by adding that:
- In addition to the national criteria for receiving this payment, applicants may also have to meet additional locally set criteria, which are down to the discretion of each local authority
- If the NHS COVID-19 app has told you to self-isolate because you’ve been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus, you will need to follow some additional steps to request your NHS Test and Trace Account ID.
- Coronavirus Gases by Local Authority
If you want to track coronavirus cases in your local area, the weekly updates have been produced. This will give you an indication as to whether to expect any change in the Tier level of your area when the review is undertaken next week.
- R Number and Growth Rate
At as usual, to end his week’s R Number and growth rate figures are 0.9-1.0 and -2% to 0% respectively, which is a slight increase from last week’s figures of 0.8-1.0 and -3% to -1% but still indicates that that the spread of the disease is decreasing