Attached a copy of the lobby pack that supports the Queen’s speech. Here are some…
Hoping to include the guidance on the new lockdown rules for the NW but, as you are probably aware, there is a considerable political backlash taking place to the extent that the Mayor of Middlesbrough has refused to accept the proposed restrictions. So what was announced may be modified.
- Local Lockdown Update
Liverpool, Warrington, Hartlepool and Middlesbrough
The Government has announced that, from Saturday, the lockdown measures introduced in the North East are being extended to cover the Liverpool City region, Warrington, Hartlepool and Middlesbrough with legislation being introduced to prevent social mixing between people in different households in all settings except outdoor public spaces and outdoor hospitality. In addition to these legal requirements, guidance will be produced recommending that people should not attend professional or amateur sporting events as spectators and stop all but essential travel into and out from the lockdown area.
The Government has also announced that it is aligning the measures in Bolton with the rest of Greater Manchester. This implies that pubs will be allowed to reopen in Bolton
The Guidance for the NW, when it is published, will appear here:
- Saunas and Steamroom Guidance Updated
The Guidance on operating tosaunas and steamrooms has be updated to state:
- Maximum capacity should be restricted to 50%. For example, a sauna designed for 4 people should only be used by 2 people at the same time.
- Facilities should operate with 2m social distancing, including marked seating points in each room.
- Guests should be given fixed times and staggered slots to enter the sauna or steam room. For example, a sauna with a normal capacity for 4 individuals offers an appointment time of 12.00 – 12.15. Up to 2 individuals may book this slot. They must arrive at 12.00. They may leave and re-enter at any time but the sauna must be vacated by everyone at 12.15.
- Where technically possible, increase air flow and air changes to the maximum possible.
- Ensure that saunas, steam rooms and any equipment are cleaned regularly, at the beginning and end of the day and at regular intervals in-between, determined by the risk assessment
- Air Corridor Changes
Changes to air corridors, the Government has just announced that the following countries will be removed from the air corridor list from 04:00 on Saturday 3rd October.
The FCO Travel Advice for these countries is being updated to reflect these changes.
Also, from tomorrow (Friday 2ndOctober) the penalties issued to people who breach self-isolation after returning from a non-exempt country will increase- rising from £1,000 for first offences up to £10,000 for subsequent infringements.
- ONS Economy and Society Research
The latest round of research by the ONS on the impact of Coronavirus have been published. Among the key findings are:
- 11% of the UK workforce is on furlough and 85% of businesses are currently trading
- 76% of businesses are using the CJRS
- 46% of businesses have less than 6 months of cash reserves
- 45% of businesses say their turnover has decreased
- High street footfall is about 70% of normal