Photo Johan Persson KING LEAR THE TIMETRAVELLER’S WIFE THE INTERVIEW King Lear**** (Wyndhams Theatre,London…
Calling all students: welcome to the capital!
London Transport Museum Late: ‘London Calling’
Friday 6 October 2023
18:45 to 22:00
London Transport Museum is throwing open its doors after hours to students and newcomers to the Capital. The Museum Late event, ‘London Calling’, is taking place on Friday 6 October. Tube fancy dress, a scavenger hunt, workshops, tours, drinks and music are just a few of the things on the programme.
In-between activities attendees will be able to explore the Museum after hours. ‘London Calling’ offers a chance for students and young adults to meet new people and discover things to do in London. Opportunities to explore careers will be available.
- Take part in the Tube Station Sashay by coming dressed as your favourite Tube station. The best costume of the night will receive a prize. The first prize will be a London Underground light box – a lamp in the shape of the iconic Tube roundel
- Embark on a scavenger hunt to discover London’s icons and legendary history. Uncover historic vehicles, people, events, places and designs in the Museum’s galleries to be in with a chance of winning a prize of an iconic London poster
- No plus one, no problem. Make connections through Friendship Speed Dating. Start with an icebreaker and do some quickfire drawing while getting to know your fellow Londoners
- Sip on a beverage and spark your creativity in an LED light-up retro poster workshop
- Get creative with video and enter a short film competition on Instagram or TikTok. Prior to the event create a video on the theme of ‘A Day in London’. Tag @ltmuseum and be in with a chance of winning two London Calling Museum Late tickets and a pair of barman moquette socks – a pattern that can be seen on Tube seating today in London and see your short film screened in the Museum on the night. Entries must be posted on social channels by midday on Friday 15 September 2023.
- Test your problem-solving skills in three mini engineering activities. Try a snap circuit challenge, bridge building with blocks, and the Tower of Hanoi puzzle
- Join a tour led by London Transport Museum’s Head of Design
- Drinks will be available, alongside Mexican food including vegetarian, vegan, halal and gluten free options
- Adults only. Tickets £15 for students and concessions or £18